AEC is an attractive, innovating company with amble space to thrive and develop. Our company embrace and look for self-motivated individuals that are innovative and always strive to achieve new personal heights.
The company maintain a very high level of internal communications and openness fully supported by the top Management.
We are operating chartered and controlled Bulk Carriers and General Cargo Carriers worldwide in conjunction with Freight Futures (FFAs), Bunker Fuel Hedging (Physical and Swaps) and other market tools available.
AEC has representations in Lyford Cay – Bahamas, London – England and Sao Paulo – Brazil.
Open position: Operations – Atlantic
Location: Bahamas or Brazil
Work areas to be controlled by the candidate:
- Communication and contact with the Captains of the vessels, including discussing stowage plans
- Communication, contact and control of Port Agents involved in each vessel employment
- Communicate and contract the various suppliers, including the execution of Bunker Fuel Purchases
- Producing laytime calculations
- Responsible for the full voyage financials including Freight Invoices and Hire-Statements
- Responsible for the close updating the company’s online Shipping System
- Liaise with AEC Legal Team and P&I Club
- Interact daily with the other AEC offices
The preferred candidates shall:
- Have minimum 2 years (up to senior level) of experience in the Drycargo/Drybulk operations (the chosen candidate will be allocated a position corresponding to the work experience)
- A highly motivated, self-driven and open person with significant weight on being a team player
- Highly communicative and familiar with all modern communications tools
- Proactive and hands on
- Excellent computer skill is a must
- Fluent or native in English (other language skills are an advantage)
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Interested in driving the decisions with the aim of creating maximum returns
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to be part of well-established and professional team.